Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Review: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Synopsis (Goodreads): Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits -- smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you'll remember your own first love -- and just how hard it pulled you under.

My thoughts: OH THE FEELS! This book was a great read. At times I had very nonfictional feelings about some of these fictional characters. I felt bad for Eleanor, but yet so happy for her that she had Park in her life. I didn't expect the ending; it wasn't necessarily the typical, cliché ending in most YA contemporaries. I almost want to term the ending as bittersweet. I really enjoyed this book. It was a good book but there were a few things that  kept me from rating it higher. For example, I thought that Eleanor could be a bit annoying at times. Overall, it was a good book and I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment