Sunday, February 3, 2013

Book Review: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


     I have had this book for quite sometime and always wanted to read it but the size would always prevent me from picking it up from my bookshelf. I finally caved and decided to read it because the movie was coming out soon. I am so glad that I did. This was a great book. I rated this book a 4/5 stars. I would recommend this book to pretty much anyone. 
     
     The story is told in the perspective of Ethan. It is about him and a girl named Lena. He keeps having these constant dreams about a girl who he has never seen before. In his dreams he is always trying to save her, but at the end of his dream she always slips away from his grasp or is always slightly out of reach. One day, at his school, a new student walked into class…the girl from his dream. 
     
     There are various coincidences that he can’t quite understand the reasoning behind. Lena is different from any girl he has ever known. His goal was to get out of the town of Gatlin, even though he is a star basketball player and part of the popular crowd. He has to make a decision to sacrifice what is familiar to him to embrace the unknown and definitely the unexpected, or not. This book was a great read and I cannot wait to see the movie adaptation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment